Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit
P.B. No.14, Kalady District
Ernakulam - 683 574
: + 91 - 484 - 246 3580
: + 91 - 484 - 246 3380
: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Affiliated Colleges,
Courses offered - Click
The University, named after the illustrious sage and philosopher Sree Sankaracharya, was established in the year1993 in Kalady, on the banks of the river Poorna in Kerala.
The primary objectives of the University are to impart knowledge in various branches of Sanskrit as well as Indology, Indian Culture, Indian Languages, Indian Philosophy, Fine Arts, Foreign Languages and Social Science and to promote the study and research of Sanskrit through simultaneous promotion of other languages in India and abroad that have enriched the study of Sanskrit.
The University also works towards the Publication and preservation of manuscripts and books in Sanskrit and other languages.
The University is currently functioning through nine Regional Centres, namely Thiruvananthapuram, Panmana, Thuravoor, Ettumanoor, Kalady (Main Campus), Thrissur, Tirur, Koyilandy and Payyannur. The Kerala Kalamandalam, internationally acclaimed for Kerala Classical Arts, has recently been added to the University as a recognized institution.
- Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit has been established to impart knowledge in various branches of Sanskrit as well as Indology, Indian Culture, Indian Languages, Indian Philosophy, Fine Arts, Foreign Languages and Social Science.
- It is a non-affiliating University having jurisdiction all over Kerala.
- All members of the Syndicate except the representative of the legislature and the Principal Secretary to the Government for Higher Education are nominated eminent academicians.
- It is the only University to offer Post Graduation Programs in Vedic Studies.
- The only University offering specialized academic programs in Mohiniyattom, Bharatanatyam, Mural Painting, Vedic Studies and Sanskrit (Core)
- The only University actively pursuing research and documentation of Vedic tradition, art and culture with exclusive 100-Hour audio-video documentations of Koodiyattom – a unique art form of Kerala and the chanting of the Samaveda in the Jaiminiya tradition
- Certificate courses for study of various languages world-over including Prakrit Pali, Arabic, Hebrew, Gurumukhi, Telugu and Tamil are in the pipeline.
- Plans to introduce courses in Pharmacology (using medicinal plants) to preserve the country’s tradition of healing sciences.